Friday, February 12, 2010

Basketball Fever

All through out junior high, high school, and college my life was basketball. I lived and breathed the game, after it was over I swore to never let that happen again. Well much to my dismay its happening again but this time I'm thoroughly enjoying myself! Jeremy and I are coaching the middle school girls at my school together and it has been so much fun! Although its not always kicks and giggles... like 6am practices you don't feel like doing anything but it is more time spent together and to me it's worth yawn! I have always enjoyed coaching but hated being away from Jeremy all the time so this is the best of both worlds!
Yesterday, we had our first game. Jeremy was so nervous (it was his first time coaching EVER), but he did a wonderful job! The girls really respect him and they know he knows the game he just is getting used to having to coach it! He came out with a victory! Batting a thousand! :) Me on the other hand, well lets just say it was David vs. Goliath! The team was made up of 7-9th graders and we are 7th & 8th grade... we were so tiny compared to them! But we fought hard! It was a great game.
Tonight, we head over to our house with our teams and have a Husky night field trip. We eat pizza, play games, then head up to UW to watch the Husky ladies take on Stanford! It should be fun but a late night!
Tomorrow, we have another 5k race! Love 'em or Leave 'em Valentines day dash around Green lake! It should be fun, wet but fun! :) I'll post pictures soon!

0 comments:

About This Blog

We are Jeremy and Cassie Idler est. 11.11.06. We live in Redondo, Washington. Cassie is a teacher and aspiring photographer and Jeremy is an airplane propeller mechanic. We have 2 adorable puppies and we pray God blesses us with a family one day.

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP